Thursday, July 6, 2023

 Coming to a new place and trying to settle in while also starting a new journey and exploring this beautiful city of London has been very trying but it has also taught me a lot about myself that I wasn’t so sure of beforehand. I realized throughout all of this that I am a person who likes a routine and who likes to have a plan as to what I am doing for the day ahead. I also realized that I am someone who feeds off of other people’s interactions and conversations. I think learning these little things about myself right now was some of the most unexpected yet helpful things to happen. Throughout my 2 weeks of interning and now 3 weeks of being here, I can finally say I have got my routine down pretty well.

I usually wake up in the mornings Monday through Friday around 5:30-5:45 and get ready for the gym then take the tube over to the gym and do my work out there and head back to get ready for work. After I get ready, I make sure to pack my bag with everything I could need for an afternoon reading in a garden to get some fresh air once I finish work. I then head out and on the days that I go into the office I have a lovely hour and a-half commute one way that I spend most of reading and on the days, I don't go into the office, I head to one of what seems like hundreds of coffee shops to do my work. I do my job at work and get everything done that I need to throughout the day which right now includes lots of research and putting together pitch proposals.

After I am done for the day, I have been loving to find a new garden each day to go to to read and get some fresh air. There are so many different gardens to pick from so I have had no trouble finding a new one and the weather has been delightful so that’s a bonus as well. In my most recent case, I went to St. James's Park which is right near Buckingham Palace, so I was able to just casually see Buckingham Palace after work one day. I will then head home and cook myself dinner and do any homework that I have or just relax and hang out with my flatmates. Then I'll go to bed and do it all over again until the weekend!

The weekends have looked quite different for me recently. This past weekend I went to Paris with my one flatmate, and it was amazing and so beautiful. We downloaded an app that had us do a scavenger hunt that took us to various parts of the city to show us around instead of just hitting the main tourist areas. This coming weekend I am going to Edinburgh, and I am super excited to be able to get away from a huge city and see some castles. While I have been traveling on the weekends, I would use the weekends to mainly explore different areas of London and see different attractions like a small farm and a botanical garden. The weekend is also the time that I can go grocery shopping/ recharge and prepare for the next week that is ahead.




Although it took me a little bit to get into a routine and become satisfied with it, I am feeling much better now that I have one. I am super happy that I still get to keep doing my workouts to help me prepare for my upcoming soccer season while also accomplishing this goal of being abroad. The days have slowly started to pick up and each day has felt like it has gone faster than the last and I cannot believe that after next week, I will already be halfway done with my time in London. There is so much to do and explore here in the city and it can be so overwhelming, but I am so glad that I have the opportunity to do it all. Until next time, cheers from London!

No comments:

Post a Comment