Tuesday, July 12, 2022

A farewell to Germany

July 21, 2022

As my time abroad is finishing up, I find myself trying to maintain the relationships I have built. Our last week in the program is doing a Model EU, and it is amazing to see how everyone in the program has come together and grown throughout the summer. There are many ways in which my life is better because of study abroad. I have found skills I didn't know I had. I have struggled in many ways to adapt to new ways of life and new cultures. I have seen 6 countries, meet with numerous nonprofit and government organizations, and have taken 2 increditble classes. 



Still the best thing to come out of my time abroad is the relationships I have built. Some people I never would have meet if it weren't for the program, then there are some who I can't believe our lives havent crossed paths until now. This last week is our final test on these relationships as we both argue in MEU and as we fight to stayed connected and make the most of the little time we have left together.  



I am now in the second half of my program, which means we are starting to do field trips around Europe. I was able to tour the EU Parliament in Strasbourg, France. I just left Brussels, we're I had the opportunity to visit the EU Council and Commission, as well as visit many museums. 




I am currently going to Paris and will be in Stockholm in a few weeks. I have absolutely loved getting to explore Freiburg more and I traveled to Liechtenstein with friends to hike. 





The program has been amazing so far and it keeps getting better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment