Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Summer in Germany

 

I am now in the second half of my program, which means we are starting to do field trips around Europe. I was able to tour the EU Parliament in Strasbourg, France. I just left Brussels, we're I had the opportunity to visit the EU Council and Commission, as well as visit many museums. 




I am currently going to Paris and will be in Stockholm in a few weeks. I have absolutely loved getting to explore Freiburg more and I traveled to Liechtenstein with friends to hike. 





The program has been amazing so far and it keeps getting better. 





My First Week as a Foreigner

For those of you who may not know me, I am Cole Longcor. I am a rising senior studying Journalism, Political Science, and Leadership Studies. I have always wanted to travel abroad, and with the help of Marietta College and IES Abroad I have been able to do so. I am in Freiburg, Germany--nestled between tributaries of the Rhine River and the Black Forest the scenery is stunning.

I just finished the program orientation which consisted of tours around different neighborhoods of the city, a crash course on German customs and language, and hiking around Mount Scauinsland after taking a gondola lift to the top. So far, I have only had one class. Both of my courses, European Union Seminar and EU-US International Relations, we be in full swing in the coming week.

I am still trying to adapt to life here, especially having to take the tram most places. I have found some favorite spots in the city such as the daily farmers market and Münstermarkt, in the older section of the city. As I have free time, I will continue to explore the city and culture, and of course I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment